MD Productions was established in 2001, by founder and creative director Miguel Doforo. Three times semi-finalists on Britain’s Got Talent, closing entertainment at the F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016, and top 10 Line Up Entertainment at the F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017. They have built up a well-respected professional repertoire in the entertainment industry as well as being well known in the Liverpool City Region for their community based project “Blank Canvas”. With the growth of MD Productions they have split into 3 key strands within the company which are; MD CIC, MD Training Academy and MD Commercial, giving those who attend MD a clear route path from education to employment with a foundation of love, support in a safe space.
Miguel Doforo found that his home city of Liverpool lacked the facilities to experiment and express creatively, with the ethos of inspiration, passion and expression. Their dance classes tapped into major demand and where being held seven days a week, from this Miguel created a professional dance company from dancers that attended his classes who won early performances on Sunday Night Live at the London Palladium and Michael Jackson’s Killer Thriller Party. His professional dance company has also become 3 x Britain’s Got Talent Semi Finalists in 2007, 2009 and 2013 as well as performing at the Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix 2016 and 2017.
As MD Productions began to grow it was split into three key strands: MD Productions CIC (#Blank Canvas), a not-for-profit arm; MD Productions Training Academy, which delivers a variety of classes to the public and in schools, youth and community centres; and MD Productions Artist Management and Entertainment Agency, which supports the group’s professional performers.
With an ideology that says anyone, of any age, anywhere – with raw talent – can perform, almost 1,000 dancers and performers have received training and support so far. Miguel speaks passionately about supporting and developing ‘rough diamonds’, keeping a strong community engagement aim and connecting a diverse group of people.
A core team works across the business, managing classes and productions, the CIC’s project #BlankCanvas, while MD's Artist Management continue to perform locally, nationally and internationally. As well a key worker underpins everything at MD Productions being the first point of call for support and crisis, a listening and signposting service.
Here are some of MD Productions achievements since opening in 2001:
- Several performances across Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016 and 2017 including being the headline closing act
- Dancers for Justin Bieber Waxwork reveal - 2016
- Dancers at Hillsborough memorial match - 2016
- Liverpool and Everton half time entertainment - 2015
- Strictly Come Dancing entertainment – 2015
- Sold out 'Emotions' Show in the Empire Theatre – 2014
- Opening performance at Bolesworth International Horse Show – 2014
- Regional Crime Beat Winners – 2014/2015
- National Crime Beat Winners – 2014
- Performances at Light Water Valley Themepark - 2014
- Performance for Prince William and Kate Middleton – 2011
- Performing at Radio City Live – 2011
- Performing on MTV Sweet Sixteen – 2008
- Britain’s Got Talent Semi-Finalists – 2007/2009/2013
- Dancing for Pink and Katy Perry - MTV EMA Awards
- Dancing for Micheal Jackson - Killer Thriller Party