MD productions are more than just an entertainment company. We use creativity as a tool to engage, inspire, increase confidence and make change, whilst discovering the rough diamonds within our community, improving lives through a creative journey.
"We all start as Blank Canvas"
About The Project
We will be working with a diverse group of people from the City Region, providing them with a free 12-month creative journey, taking them from "a blank canvas to performance ready". They will participate in evening provision classes to produce a show that reflects true life and the challenges of society today, whilst developing their everyday life skills.
In a digital world we want to captivate people through creativity instead of technology, using it as a tool to become interview ready, be able to pitch ideas, hold a business meeting, as well as help them to reach their full potential and achieve all of their hopes and dreams.
"Performing Arts is not just about the stage, it’s recognising that every part of this creative journey as an enhancement to life skills."
- Miguel Doforo CEO MD Productions CIC
We are also working with Downtown in Business to link with other businesses in the city region that are able to offer internships and guidance to help the young people gain experience and become job ready.
Click the graphic below for the Blank Canvas website created and designed by Rainford High School year 10 student Josh Ashcroft who attends our Afterschool Creative Provision Programme.
If you would like to be involved in MD Productions Blank Canvas or have any enquiries about the project then please call 0151 706 0463 or email email@example.com
Showgroup are the forefront of MD Productions CIC and were created by Miguel Doforo following working on a project with UCL. This group is about enrichment, making a change and paying it forward whilst focusing on;
- Inspiring others
- Becoming workshop leaders
- Devising work
- Singing, acting and dancing
- Helping and performing within the community
Showgroup is also an accredited programme; throughout what they do they will collate a folder of evidence and work leading up to gaining a qualification.
Founder and Creative Director Miguel Doforo said:
I’m launching my new campaign 'Blank Canvas' I want anyone, anywhere any age from our city region to access creativity and support for free. MD is a safe space where everyone can be themselves. We assist in removing barriers that can stand in the way including home life, education, childcare, finances, food, travel and isolation. MD will wrap a support system around the whole creative journey - someone to talk to, someone to listen and sign post when needed.
We need you! Let’s kick start the campaign by digitally painting 200 businesses supporters onto our Blank Canvas. Over the duration of the 12 months an additional canvas will be digitally painted to represent the vision of the 200 people you have supported. The creative journey will be celebrated by a spectacular performance that reflects true life at a prestige venue.
All tickets will be given away for free with your support. Pay it forward and be part of something innovative, help remove barriers, be inspiring to others. Can you support? Can your company become one of our 200 businesses on Blank Canvas 2017.
Can you make a difference? £1000 a year, £80 per month, £20 per week, £3 per day? To give a person an opportunity to gain confidence, enhance skills, increase self-esteem, help a person reach their potential, promote hopes and dreams.
- Free access to a minimum of 3 evenings per week of Dance, Drama, Vocals and Creative sessions
- Receive an MD uniform
- Food and refreshment provided at every MD session
- Access to Key Work support (fully qualified social worker)
- Work towards Arts Award Qualification (optional progression route for HND/Employment)
- Produce & perform at prestige Liverpool venue
- Perform at many community and charity events that MD CiC support
Company Sponsorship Packages will include:
- Logo branding on Social Media, poster, leaflets, show reels, testimonials and Website
- Advertising links to your website
- Receive tickets for the end of year performance
- 2 performances at requested events for your company
- Promoting your company and support through any of our media links - radio, television, and internet interviews/advertising opportunities
- Acknowledgment Promotion video before and after end of year performance
OR DONATE through our Go Fund Me page. Be inspiring to others. Can you support? Can you sponsor?
Companies wanting to support on a larger scale can access headline sponsorship benefits Please contact Lisa Gibson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0151 706 0463 or 07738 324 389 for more information.
Timetable, updated 29/08/17